Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Gratitude

All of my little boy's prayers this morning have been about me. "Thank you that Mommy's sprained ankle is getting better." "Thank you that Mommy made me this toast." And then all day he's been telling me he loves me. I put some batteries in a toy this morning, and when he discovered that it was working, he started yelling, "Thank you Mommy. Thank you for fixing this. You're the best mommy ever." All this while he's dealing with a flu and dehydration, but he has time to be so full of love and gratitude for me.

Gratitude is such a powerful thing. Between the winter and a sprained ankle that killed my exercise routine and other complaints I won't bore you with, I've been down lately. But today I feel happy. Today I feel blessed and grateful to be the mommy of such a special little boy.

2 comments:

J&C Hale family said...

Thank goodness for sweet reminders from wonderful children. Kudos to your son!

Julie Daines said...

What a nice post. I just popped over from Valynne's blog to say Hi! What genre do you write?