Sunday, July 12, 2009

Little Miracles

I've been trying this year to learn frugality. So instead of buying the dresser that I've been feeling like I need since we added one new person to the house, so I don't have to keep her clothes and things sitting in messy piles, I've been holding in the urge to spend that money. We haven't really figured furniture into the budget at this point. I've been looking at the thrift store in town, but they charge a lot for falling-apart dressers. My next plan was to browse garage sales this summer, but still, I wasn't sure if I should justify the expense, unless I could find it really, really cheap.

Well, this Saturday, I happened to be driving down the street with my husband on our weekly date, and we passed what looked like a garage sale. I noticed they had a dresser and a few other things that caught my eye, so we stopped. To my delight, the dresser was in good working order--and it was free. Yeah! They also gave us a cute little table and a couple solid wood doors that looked like they might make a nice fake headboard.

I know it's a small thing, but it will be such a blessing to have that dresser. It was a miracle to me that I was able to find it for free, that we happened to drive by shortly after they set out the free items, and that we happened to be out without the kids so we could fit the items in our van. I feel so blessed, and I'm grateful the Lord is mindful of me.

No comments: