Friday, May 15, 2009

Oh My Diva

Diva Girl was in a class play this week. As much as I love to hear that girl sing, I've been dreading it since I heard that in what was probably an attempt to make parents' lives easier, the only required costume item was a pair of jeans.

Diva Girl doesn't do jeans.

As I knew would happen, Diva woke up the morning of the play with a serious scowl going on. The scowl progressed to tears as she cried, "Nothing matches with jeans!" The crying only got louder as I heartlessly told her that "Everything matches with jeans."

And then she started the banshee howl as I reminded her that the bus was going to be here in a few minutes and like it or not she better get her little rear in some jeans.

The howl continued and intensified as I called upstairs counting down till bus time. Three minutes. Two minutes. One minute . . . and she stomped down the stairs with her cute little face scrunched up in fury, finally wearing some adorable jeans with a very matching shirt.

I handed her her breakfast on her way out the door, and she turned and said to me, "They tell you that school plays will be fun, but they're not!"

This girl is going to be such a fun teenager.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I can here it now... What a sweet girl... my neice Natalie is the same with jeans. :)See you guys this weekend.

Lil M said...

She's right, they are not fun. They make you go off stage just when they are singing your favorite song. There is no worse feeling. I can only imagine how awful that would be in jeans.